Thursday 8 November 2007

John Angerson - My View

The attached images illustrated below are some of the first images I felt had huge significance to the Documentary & Location brief and with my own ideas. From a critical point of view, documenting the homeless can be regarded by otehrs as a cliche due to the fact that the subject has been exausted over the years. Angerson however, has gone against the cliche and approached the subject differntly.

I really like what Angerson has achieved here. I think the concept is great, no homeless people are mentioned; only the environments the homeless can be found amongst. If Angerson had not used filters, artifical lighting or twilight lighting to his advantage, I feel that these images could have potentially failed. I feel Angerson has approached the topic in an indirect manner and it is evident from his images that he has managed to successfully capture the mystery and eerie feel of lonliness without using a single person.

Similar to Angerson's approach, I intend to document previous murder scenes within the Yorkshire region. Similar to Angerson I intend to document locations withut using people as my source.

No comments: