Tuesday 8 January 2008

Studio Work - Trial










Before any planning or taking images for the flyer our group decided to get together and reunite ourselves with the studio and lighting kits. Based on my previous lighting module I intend to push my creativity and ability much further. One of the ideas I wish to explore is to document the interior of my grandparents home and photograph also the contents that are found in the property. Although I understand the importance of working with lighting, I find working in a studio environment is not as exciting as working out on location. Keeping the ideas simple is key. Above are a few examples of our work. The lighting effects were created using a snoot and gel filters. We had one light posiotn above the item, creating the spot light and also we had a light positioned directly beneath the bottle. The effect created was something different comapred to the standard bleached out white background, commonly found in a lot of catalogue shots.

No comments: